We are a geospatial data science research group at the University of Delaware. We use multi-scalar satellite images and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools to investigate a wide range of environmental issues such as crop responses to weather variability, smallholder farming, vegetation trend, food and nutrition security, and urban sustainability. We conduct our research in different parts of the world including Asia, Africa and the USA.
Are you planning to join a vibrant research group for your graduate studies? Or are you an undergrad looking for research experience? Come work with us!! Contact us for more details on how to apply to UD Geography.
- Dr. Mondal received a University of Delaware Research Foundation (UDRF) grant to study coffee landscapes in Vietnam. (Apr 2019)
- Dr. Mondal delivered a talk on a collaborative work on monitoring Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) monitoring at the 4th Open Science Meeting of the Global Land Programme in Bern, Switzerland. (Apr 2019)
- EASEL lab will be attending the American Association of the Geographers (AAG) annual meeting at Washington D.C. PI Mondal will be delivering a talk, while MS students Qadir and Walter will be presenting posters. (Apr 2019)
- Dr. P. Mondal received a General University Research (GUR) grant to study changing rice intensification patterns in Vietnam. (Mar 2019)
- Undergraduate researchers Jessica Clark and Callie McFadden are recipients of Center for Food Systems and Sustainability (CENFOODS) internship. Congratulations Jessica and Callie!! (Feb 2019)
- Dr. P. Mondal received a grant from the Delaware Energy Institute to work with PI Prof. C. Archer on the energy footprint of food. (Jan 2019)
- EASEL lab members (Dr. Mondal and A. Qadir) presented their work at the 2018 American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting held in Washington D.C. (Dec 2018)
- EASEL lab PI Dr. Mondal attended the Annual Rutgers Climate Symposium as an invited speaker and panelist in November 2018.